60+ Years of
July 19, 1953
January 17, 1954
The membership dues were raised and the monthly income for the school was $550.00
- In January, the decision was made to construct a two room school to be opened by September. A lot of 2 acres was purchased behind the Clinton Christian Reformed Church.
- The cost of the building was to be $29,500.00.
- Contributions were set at $3.00 a week and tuition was set at $1.50 for 1 child, $2.25 for 2 children and $2.75 for 3 or more children, per week.
- On August 29, the Calvin Christian School was dedicated.
- First classes were held in the newly built two room school – 54 children were enrolled.
August 29, 1962
On August 29, the Calvin Christian School was dedicated. First classes were held in the newly built two-room school and 54 children were enrolled.
Bussing the students to school cost $6,200.00.
- Two classrooms were added at a cost of $16,000.00.
- A number of children from the Blyth area plan to attend.
- Exeter Christian School Society agreed to pay the costs of one classroom in addition to regular tuition.
- Enrolment rises to 125 pupils.
- Enrolment climbs to 151 students.
- Tuition fees rose to $8.00 per week – $5.00 was contribution and $3.00 was tuition.
- Membership dues increase to $100.00 a year.
Two more classrooms and a storage room were added at a cost of approximately $26,000.00
- The name of the school was changed from Calvin Christian School to Clinton and District Christian School.
- The first Pancake Supper was held.
A major snow blizzard closed roads and children had to be billeted out to families around Clinton overnight. Mr. N. Heykoop began duties as the new school custodian. The constitution was accepted by the membership. A Spring Walk-a-Thon of 25 miles was held to raise money for desks.
- 10th Anniversary Celebrations
- Tract of land purchased for more playground
First kindergarten class began
A gymnasium, lobby and kitchen were added
- Opened used clothing store in Clinton run exclusively through donations and volunteers
- Students performed the first of several major musical productions – “Jungle Book”
- 25th Anniversary Celebration
- Added 2 classrooms, extensive remodeling to library, washrooms, staff room, etc.
A portable classroom is added.
Full class computer lab
Student Fund finances purchase approximately 4 acres of adjoining land for more playground area.
New property is landscaped with a Carolinian Forest and Bird Attraction Garden possible through a grant from Shell Canada.
40th Anniversary celebrations
Trees are planted to shade the east side of the school.
Flutes and clarinets are purchased to begin a band.
A wood wind and brass band begins for Grade 7 & 8.
A major fire in Clinton destroyed the contents of our used clothing store “of Rack and Room”
- Major renovations to 3 classrooms took place. Each classroom is now outfitted with interactive boards, ceiling fans, new lighting and computer desks.
- “of Rack and Room” is able to reopen
- The entire school was moved to Vanastra for one year while an extensive renovation project was undertaken. The building was renovated adding 2 Kindergarten classrooms, an art room, a science room, a Performing Arts room, Kindergarten washrooms and primary washrooms.
- In September of 2019 staff and students moved back to Clinton and in October celebrated the Grand Re-Opening!
- Modern, up-to-date facilities
- Over 175 students enrolled
- Operated by an elected board of directors and staffed by dedicated Christian teachers.
- Budget met by donations, membership fees, fundraising and tuition fees.